Sunday, September 10, 2017

Can You Say Lemon?: Tomica Limited Vintage NEO - Mazda 787B 1991 Le Mans Winner


tomica limited vintage mazda 787b rear wing spoiler


This is making me nervous.  The famous Mazda 787B by TLV is now circulating, and while I haven't gotten mine yet(on a large preorder, yet to be processed), two collectors I know have gotten theirs, and........  I'll be honest.  This could potentially be really bad.

First collector to voice concern was domalorite on GTPlanet.  He wasn't 100% impressed, and had some minor gripes about the model, considering the extremely high MSRP(roughly $80, U.S.).  What really got our attention was this tilted rear wing(from my tweet):




Sure, I was disappointed.  I wasn't freaking out though, not until I saw this tweet from the second collector I know.  F60 from Twitter:



Jebus Christ man!  First two pics are of the replacement model he received from the vendor.  Wing seems crooked from the top(1st pic), and he says the rear cowl doesn't even sit right(2nd pic).

The third photo is of the first model he received.  One he had planned on having exchanged.

I get on GreenLight pretty hard about quality control on this blog, but we are talking about $80 diecast here. Eighty frigging dollars for 1/64 scale model.  F60 plans on contacting Tomytec about his experience with his models.  We certainly wish him the best & hope Tomytec will take good care of him.  I hope mine isn't as bad when it arrives.  It would be too far for me to throw the thing back at them!

Edit:  Good news from the third collector in my circle:




Sure, really slight slant, but good to hear okay otherwise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment